|Born 1959 Czech Republic
mobile: +61 421077695
|2011||PhD, College of Fine Arts, University of New South Wales, Sydney, NSW|
|1993||Master of Fine Art. College of Fine Arts, University of New South Wales, Sydney, NSW|
|1986||Photographic Workshops, Rockport, Maine, USA|
|1983||Post-Graduate Art & Design (Photography), Western Australia Institute of Technology, Perth, WA|
|1977-79||Bachelor Degree of Visual Arts, Sydney College of the Arts, Sydney|
|1988-2007||Lecturer 0.5 (promoted to Senior Lecturer 1999) in Fine Art, University of Western Sydney, NSW|
|2003-2006||Appointed to Casula Powerhouse Board, Casula, NSW|
|2001-03||Appointed to The Visual Arts and Craft Committee of the Arts Advisory Council of the NSW Ministry for the Arts, Sydney, NSW|
|1993-97||Board Member of Artspace, Sydney, NSW|
|1987||Part-time lecturer in Photography, Curtin University, Perth, WA|
|1985||Casual lecturer in Photography, WAIT, WA
Casual lecturer in Photography Perth Technical College, Perth, WA
|1984||Part- time lecturer in Photography, WAIT, Perth, WA|
|1982||Fractional lecturer in photography, Perth Technical College, Perth,WA|
|2014||Under My Skin WILLIAM WRIGHT. ARTISTS PROJECTS, Sydney|
|2014||Vestiges 2010-2014, Arc One Gallery, Melbourne|
|2013||Read your lips The Australian Centre for Photography, Sydney|
|2012||Vestiges William Wright //Artists, Sydney|
|2012||footnotes Art Gallery of New South Wales, Sydney|
|2009||writing towards disappearance Arc One Gallery, Melbourne, VIC|
|2008||words are not hard – Intrude 366 Project Zendai MoMA, Shanghai, China|
|2006||in a word Arc One Gallery Melbourne, VIC|
|2006||words are not hard Casula Powerhouse, NSW|
|2005||there are no words Artspace, Sydney, NSW|
|2003||Ostinato Arc One at Span, Melbourne, VIC|
|2002||Ostinato Stills Gallery, Sydney, NSW|
|2001||turn on the tongue, Centre for Contemporary Photography, Melbourne, VIC|
|2000||turn on the tongue Artspace, Sydney, NSW|
|2000||with(out) voice Photosynkyria 2000 AAS Gallery, Thessaloniki, Greece|
|2000||Untitled 00 Gallery 4A Sydney, NSW|
|1998||with(out) voice Stills Gallery, Sydney, NSW|
|1996||re-departing Queensland University of Technology The Palace Gallery, Brisbane, QLD|
|1995||re-departing Performance Space, Sydney, NSW|
|1994||Dangling Virgins Australian Centre For Contemporary Art, Melbourne, VIC|
|1993||Dangling Virgins Australian Centre For Photography, Sydney, NSW|
|1991||Goddess /mother /daughter W.I.N.D.O.W. Sydney, NSW|
|1987||Untitled Galerie Dusseldorf, Perth, WA|
|1984||Social Gardens, Darklight Photography Gallery Fremantle, WA|
SELECTED GROUP EXHIBITIONS
|2015||Lines of Force…Space +Displacement Sydney College of the Arts, University of Sydney, Curator Nicholas Tsoutas
CEMENTA 15 Contemporary Arts Festival, Kandos NSW
Performance Presence / Video Time Australian Experimental art Foundation, Adelaide, Curator Anne Marsh
dLux Program The Concourse, Chatswood
i colori WILLIAM WRIGHT. ARTISTS PROJECTS, Sydney
|2013||The University of Queensland National Artists’ Self-Portrait Prize 2013:
remix. post. connect. UQ Art Museum, Brisbane Curator Samantha Littley
LP the times they are a changing! Galerie Dusseldorf, Perth
|2012||Image Anxiety PHotoEspaña, Madrid´s International Photography and Visual Arts Festival Curator Huang Du
Light Works National Gallery of Victoria, Curator Isobel Crombie
The Chinese Horoscope Show Enjoy Public Art Gallery, Wellington New Zealand Curator Erica van Zon
|2011||MUTE Art Bridge Gallery, 798 Beijing China curator Nicholas Tsoutas
Immovable Feast William Wright/Artist’s Project Space
|2010||Ghost Show, curated by Daniel Mudie-Cunningham, Hazelhurst Regional Art Gallery, Sydney
Nightshifters curated by Bec Dean, Performance Space, Carriageworks, Sydney, NSW
How do we know that the dead return curated by Jose da Silva, Gertrude Contemporary Art Space Exhibition, Melbourne, VIC
Body Capital, curated by Ann Finnegan, LOOPSPACE Gallery, Newcastle, NSW
Here there and now curated by Jayne Dyer, Art Platform, Art Beijing Art Fair, China
Mirror Mirror, curated by Ann Stephen Tin Sheds, Sydney, NSW
Mirror Mirror, Samstag Gallery, Adelaide, SA
|2009||Cold Tongue, curated by William Wright Conny Dietzschold Gallery, Sydney, NSW
Mirror Mirror, curated by Ann Stephen Institute of Modern Art, Brisbane, QLD
Parallel, curated by Brigita Ozolin, Gippsland Gallery, Sale, VIC
|2008||Video Logic curated by Russell Storer Museum of Contemporary Art, Sydney, NSW
Parallel curated by Brigita Ozolin, Salamanca Arts Centre, Hobart, Tasmania
Antipodes curated by Timothy Nohe Area 405 Baltimore, USA
|2007||Nightcomers Project – 10th Istanbul Biennale, Istanbul, Turkey|
|2006||We are all Australians too, curated by Nicholas Tsoutas, Casula Powerhouse, Casula NSW|
|2005||Bleak Epiphanies, curated by William Wright, Virginia Wilson Gallery, Sydney
Sedition, curated by Nicholas Tsoutas, Casula Powerhouse, Casula NSW
Winter Arc One, Melbourne, VIC
minimal approach … concrete tendencies – Tin Sheds, Sydney, NSW
Shangri –La Collective The Australian Embassy Manila, Phillipines
|2004||Multiples – Galerie Rivolta Espace Reserve Geneve Switzerland
The Collection Thessaloniki Museum of Photography, Greece
Shangri –La Collective Institute of Modern Art, Brisbane QLD
Shangri –La Collective Bathurst Regional Gallery, NSW
|2003||Shangri –La Collective Artspace, Sydney, NSW
Anita and Beyond Penrith Regional Gallery and Lewers Bequest, Penrith, NSW
Boofheads and Scrubbers Penrith Regional Gallery and Lewers Bequest, Penrith, NSW
Boxes Multiple Box Conny Dietzschold Gallery, Sydney, NSW
Zero Light ANU School of Art Gallery, Canberra, ACT
|2002||Flag Art Festival, 2002 FIFA World Cup Korea/Japan Nanjicheon Park (World Cup Park)
Untitled Arc One @ Span, Melbourne, VIC
One Fine Day Block Gallery, Sydney, NSW
|2001||Pinhole to Pixel Sir Herman Black Gallery, Sydney, NSW|
|2000||Trios Photographes Australiens a Geneve Rivolta Gallery Geneva, Switzerland
Minimal Australian Centre of Photography, Sydney, NSW
Olympia,Olympia Post Master Gallery, Melbourne, VIC
|1999||SILVER:25th Anniversary Exhibition Ivan Dougherty Gallery, Sydney, NSW
8 x 8 Roar Studios Melbourne, Victoria, VIC
|1998||After the Masters Ivan Dougherty Gallery, Sydney, NSW
Co-Existence AAAR! – Australian Artists Against Racism Hogarth Galleries, Sydney, NSW
Constructed in the Field of the Other Artspace, Sydney, NSW
|1997||Galerie Dusseldorf 21 Years On Galerie Dusseldorf Perth, WA
Fragments Lunami Gallery Tokyo, Japan
Power to Move Queensland Art Gallery Brisbane, QLD
|1996||Parking Casula Powerhouse, Casula, NSW|
|1995||Topos Artspace Sydney, NSW|
|1994||Pitch Performance Space, Sydney
Knowing the Sensorium Institute of Modern Art Brisbane, QLD
Shifting Edges Casula Powerhouse Casula, NSW
|1993||Sweet Dreams Australian Perspecta 1993. A Satellite Exhibition. Clarendon Homes “The Balmoral” Homeworld 11 Prospect, NSW|
|1992||Australian Made Prague University College of Applied Arts, Prague, Czechoslovakia|
|1991||Inherent Identity, Performance Space, Sydney, NSW|
|1991||Second Language, Institute of Modern Art, Brisbane, QLD
Dissonance West, Lewers Bequest & Penrith Regional Art Gallery, Emu Plains, NSW
|1988||Ironworks 88, Santa Fe Center of Photography, Santa Fe, New Mexico, USA|
|1987||Invisible Cities, Praxis, Fremantle, WA
Among the Souvenirs, The Art Gallery of Western Australia, Perth, WA
The National 1988 Women’s Art Award, The Centre Gallery, Surfers Paradise, QLD
|1986||Western Australian Photographers 4, The Art Gallery of Western Australia Perth, WA
America’s Cup Galerie Dusseldorf, Perth, WA
|1985||On the Beach, Darklight Photography Gallery, Fremantle, WA
Parasols, Galerie Dusseldorf Perth, WA
|1984||Young Contemporary Photography, Australian Centre for Photography, Sydney, NSW|
|1983||The Great Curve, Praxis,Fremantle, WA|
|2012||JOSEPHINE ULRICK AND WIN SCHUBERT PHOTOGRAPHY AWARD - Winner|
|2011||Artist in Residence, Redgate Studios Beijing, China|
|2010||Albury City National Photography Prize – Finalist|
|2007||New Work Grant (established): Visual Arts/Craft Fund Board of the Australia Council
Albury City National Photography Prize – Finalist
|2006||MoMA Scholarship to attend The Feminist Future: Theory and Practice in the Visual Arts at MoMA New York
Conrad Jupiters Art Prize – Finalist
Gold Coast Ulrick Schubert Photographic Art Award Finalist and Acquisition Award
|2004||Western Sydney Fellowship – NSW Ministry for the Arts
New Work Established Visual Art/Craft Strategy Funding -Visual Arts/Craft Fund Board of the Australia Council
|2003||The Cite Internationale des Arts, Paris. Art Gallery of NSW Residency|
|2002||City of Hobart Art Prize Finalist
Gold Coast Ulrick Schubert Photographic Art Award Finalist
|2000||Project Grant: New Work – The Visual Arts/Craft Fund Board of the Australia Council
Honorable Mention Photosynkyria 2000 Thessaloniki Museum of Photography, Greece
Marketing Grant, National Association for the Visual Arts
|1999||Women’s Research Scheme Grant University Western Sydney, NSW|
|1998||Sydney Olympics Public Art Program -invited to a short list for the HellenicTribute
Commission Book Cover. Foriegn Dialogues by Mary Zournazi. Publisher Pluto Press
|1997||Sydney City Council Commission – Market Street Priority Design Project Stage 1
Sydney City Council Commission – Art Banner to mark the First Visit of The Ecumenical Patriarch, His Holiness Bartholomew I To Sydney
|1996||Project Grant:New Work – The Visual Arts/Craft Fund Board , Australia Council|
|1995||Marketing Grant, National Association for the Visual Arts
Pat Corrigan Grant
|1993||Marketing Grant, National Association for the Visual Arts
Liverpool City Council Commission for Public Art on Maquarie Street Liverpool
Development Grant- The Visual Arts/Craft Board,Australia Council
|1985||Travel Grant, WA Arts Council.(travel to the USA)|
|1983||1st prize in the Avon Valley Photography Competition, York Winter Festival, WA|
|National Gallery of Australia, Canberra.
Art Gallery of New South Wales.
Queensland Art Gallery.
Art Gallery of Western Australia.
National Gallery of Victoria.
Griffith Artworks, Queensland.
State Library of Western Australia – Alexander Building.
Polariod Corporation Australia.
Gold Coast City Art Gallery, Queensland.
Macedonian Museum of Contemporary Art, Thessaloniki, Greece.
Bodo University, Norway.
Malmo University, Sweden.
Groningen Hochschule University, Netherlands.
UQ Museum, The University of Queensland
Private Collections in Australia, China, Greece, Switzerland and USA.
|- Anne Marsh Performance_Ritual_Document Macmillan Art Publishing 2014
- Visual Anxiety Huang Du catalogue for PHOTOESPANA 2012
- Exhibition on Paper curated by Huang Du VISION MAGAZINE Beijing, April Issue 2012
- Nikos Papastergiadis & Victoria Lynn Ghost Words catalogue essay for ‘footnotes’ 2012
- Anne Marsh – LOOK Contemporary Australian Photography Since 1980, Macmillan Art Publishing 2010 p.39
- Exhibition on Paper VISION MAGAZINE Beijing, April Issue 2006
- Anne Marsh – LOOK Contemporary Australian Photography Since 1980, Macmillan Art Publishing 2010 p.39
- Andrew Frost- Spirit of the Shire, Sydney Morning Herald, December 23, 2010
- John-Paul Hussey- A picture is worth a thousand words, Neos Kosmos, 8 November 2010
- Robert Nelson – How We Know That The Dead Will Return, The Age, Tuesday Sep 28, 2010
- Wendy Walker – Mirror Mirror Then and Now Art & Australia 48 No.1 2010 p.153
- Jose Da Silva -How Do We Know That The Dead Return- catalogue – 2010
- Dr Ann Finegan –Eugenia Raskopoulos – eyeline #69 p.43-46
- Dr Ann Stephen – Mirror Mirror catalogue 2009.
- Victoria Lynn – writing towards disappearance catalogue 2009
- Dr Ann Finegan A quarter century sampler: Artspace 24/25
- realtime 89 Feb-March 2009 p.43-44
- Terry Whitebeach – Parallel- Art Monthly Australia March 2009 p.6-8
- Victoria Lynn – Video Logic Catalogue 2008
- 3 Projects – Fiona Fioley, Eugenia Raskopoulos, Joanne Saad, Casula Powerhouse, 2006
- Spatial Aesthetics – Art, Place, and The Everyday -Nikos Papastergiadis, p.87-98, 2006
- The Age Putting the Prop in Propaganda, Robert Nelson, The Age, Wed, August 16, 2006
- ‘in a word’ catalogue – Zara Stanhope, 2006.
- Anita and Beyond Catalogue Lisa Havilah 2003
- HG Magazine Lee Tran Lam March/April 2003p16-17
- The Australian, Cathy Pryor August 1 2003 p.15
- S.M.H. Anne Loxley August14, 2003 p.17
- The Canberra Times Kirsty Umbrack October 11 2003 p,14
- EUGENIA RASKOPOULOS, Artspace Publication2002
- S.M.H Spectrum, Anne Loxley November 9-10, 2002
- SMH Metropolitan Lee Ann Low June 22-23, 2002 p.11
- The Age, Today Review, Robert Nelson 11 April 2001, p.6
- Turn on the tongue catalogue John Conomos 2000.
- Photosynkyria (WATCH ME (WATCH YOU) catalogue Thessaloniki Museum of Photography2000
- Trios Photographes Australiens a Geneve catalogue Scott McQuire & George Alexander 2000.
- THERMOMETROThessaloniki, Greece21 February 2000 p.62
- VHMA (Greek Newspaper) Review by Katia Arfara, Thessaloniki 3 March 2000
- TILERAMA 18-24 March 2000, Thessaloniki Greece.
- Le Clif (Switzerland) Review by Melina Berrini, No 56 April 2000.
- METRO SMH 21-27April2000 p.25
- O KOSMOS (THE WORLD) Interview/article George Tsatsivasilis, 25April 2000, p11&13
- METRO Sydney Morning Herald 28April-24May 2000 p.24
- Sydney Morning Herald Robert McFarlane 10 May 2000 p.14
- Sydney Morning Herald Courtney Kidd 10 October 2000 p.18
- Celebrating Arts Philanthropy. 10 Years of the Pat Corrigan Artists’ Grant.
- Charles Green art/text May-July 1999″Constructed in the Field of the Other” p92-93.
- Law.Text.Culture. Volume four # two 1999.
- Nikos Papastergiadis EYELINE, contemporary visual arts number 38 summer p.40 1998/1999
- Nick Waterloo and Jennifer Hardy After The Masters Catalogue 1998
- Bruce James Photofile 54 August 1998 p.p.49-53
- Heat 10, 1998 p.p.65-72
- Claire Armstrong Politics of Erotics Catalogue 1996.
- Dionissia Giakoumi ‘re-departing: eugenia raskopoulos Palace Gallery, -Brisbane. eyeline number 32 summer 1996
- Images – Dangling Virgins Eugenia Raskopoulos AGENDA Issue #39/40 NOV 1994-FEB 1995.
- Culture, Differences and the Arts “An inconstant politics: thinking about the traditional and the contemporary” Elizabeth Gertsakis. image p.47
- George Alexander re-departing catalogue 1995.
- Art and Australia VOL 33 NO.1 Spring 1995. The Movement of Women Gael Newton
- The Power To Move Aspects of Australian Photography Catalogue. Queensland Art Gallery. Anne Kirker & Clare Williamson. p.27,70,76.1995
- Sally Couacaud “in the air, on the ground (& water too) Public Art In Sydney” Artlink Vol. 14 No 3
- Artlink VOL 14 NO1 Autumn 1994 “Image Bank” p.33.
- Phillip Kent “Pitch” catalogue 1994
- Jenny Barrett ” Sweet Dreams art of the home, or the home of art? ” eyeline Number 24 1994 p.p. 30-32.
- Susan Conroy “Liverpool Links Industry and Art” Artlink VOL. 14 NO 2 Winter 1994 p.p53-54
- Liz Wells ” The Eyes of Europe” Womens Art Magazine A Women’s Art Library Publication London No 59 1994
- Tony Bond and Anne Graham, “Leaning “(catalogue) 1993
- Evangelos Sakaris, “Eugenetica: protocols of identification”, Dangling Virgins(catalogue)1993
- Robert McFarlane “A State of Rich Diversity” Sydney Morning Herald, Saturday, April 3, 1993.
- Marian Pastor Roces “Gathering” (catalogue) October 1993.
- Elizabeth Gertsakis “A Greater Jingoism – Multiculturalism and Australian radical nationalism.” Australia Art Monthly, June 1993 Number 61.
- Isobel Johnston and Suhanya Raffel “Sweet Dreams” Perspecta Catalogue, October 1993.
- Michael Hutak “Home is where the Art is ” Sydney Morning Herald, Tuesday, October 19, 1993.
- Felicity Fenner “Simulated suburbia the new frontier” Sydney Morning Herald, October 29, 1993
- Diane Mah “Alarming the home-buyers” The Western Sydney Review November 1993
- Beth Jackson “Second Language” Art & Text Number 41 January 1992.p.p.95-96
- Pat Hoffie, ” Speaking In Tongues ” Eyeline Number 18 Autumn 1992. p.p.35-37
- George Alexander,”Double Exposure”, Inherent Identity (catalogue),1991
- Vox Populi SBS Review ” Inherent Identity ” October 1991
- Praxis M No 14, 1987, p.p. 24
- “Invisible Cities”, Praxis, Perth. Praxis M No. 15, 1987, p.p. 8
- D. Bromfield, “Among the Souvenirs Western Australian Art in the Eighties”, The Art Gallery of WA 1987
- Christopher Hill, “Eugenia Doropoulos”, Galerie Dusseldorf, Perth, WA, Photofile, Spring’87, p.p. 29-31
- Leslie Stern,”Western Australian Photographers 4″, Art Gallery of WA, Photofile Summer 86.p.p 28-30
- Nicholas Strobbe, “Our History Has Visited Us. WA Photographers 4″, Art Gallery of WA Praxis M No. 13
- David Bromfield, “WA Photographers 4″, The Art Gallery of WA, Praxis M No. 13, 1986, p.p. 30-32